Recipe by Annacia
This creamed ham is delicious on grits or rice, or serve it over toast, hot split biscuits, or baked puff pastry shells. Feel free to use peas and carrots in place of the peas, or add a little chopped pimiento for extra flavor and color. From: Southern U.S. Cuisine
Top Review by Deantini
This is great feel-good kind of comfort food; quick and easy to put together. My newly purchased cream turned out to be sour :( so I had to use all milk. But it turned out nice and creamy anyway, and I saved some fat and calories. I will make it with milk only for future as well. Made for 1-2-3 Tag
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups diced ham
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas, thawed, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the green onion and minced parsley and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the flour until smooth and bubbly. Gradually add milk and heavy cream.
- Stir in diced ham and cooked peas, along with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over rice, grits, toast, or biscuits.