1/1 Photo of Creamed Ham over Biscuits
Another ham leftover recipe--one my grandmother used after Christmas and Easter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead 8-10 times. Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Pat or roll out to 1/2 inch thickness; cut with a floured 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter. Place 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425°F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3Meanwhile in a large skillet, saute ham and onion in butter for 3-4 minutes or until onion is crisp-tender.
- 4Stir in bouillon, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Combine the flour and milk until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Gently stir in the eggs and parsley.
- 5Split the warm biscuits in half horizontally; top with warm ham mixture.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamed Ham over Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.2
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 224.0 mg
- Sodium 618.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 13.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: