Recipe by Lorac
Leftover ham? For brunch, lunch or a simple supper serve Creamed Ham over poached eggs on toasted English muffins, asparagus on buttered toast, as a filling for crepes - the posibilities are endless!
Top Review by varinialuvsrichard
I liked it very much, but thought something was missing. I think next time I make it, I will add dropped biscuits as well which I think will be very delicious. It was very easy to do and my daughter liked it alot! thanks for the posting!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Sautee onions in butter over medium heat until onions are transparent.
- Add flour and stir until well combined.
- Remove pan from heat and add milk slowly while stirring.
- Return pan to medium high heat, stirring until sauce thickens, reduce heat to low, stir in cheese until melted.
- Add sherry and ham (add more milk if sauce gets too thick) and simmer until ham is heated through.
- Add garnish, before serving.