Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Leftover ham? For brunch, lunch or a simple supper serve Creamed Ham over poached eggs on toasted English muffins, asparagus on buttered toast, as a filling for crepes - the posibilities are endless!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Sautee onions in butter over medium heat until onions are transparent.
- Add flour and stir until well combined.
- Remove pan from heat and add milk slowly while stirring.
- Return pan to medium high heat, stirring until sauce thickens, reduce heat to low, stir in cheese until melted.
- Add sherry and ham (add more milk if sauce gets too thick) and simmer until ham is heated through.
- Add garnish, before serving.
I liked it very much, but thought something was missing. I think next time I make it, I will add dropped biscuits as well which I think will be very delicious. It was very easy to do and my daughter liked it alot! thanks for the posting!
I had a couple of hard cooked eggs in the fridge, so I cut them into 8ths, and added them to the ham and cheese mix. Then I added a can of green beans and put the whole thing into a baking dish, put drop biscuts on top and baked it till done @ 400 degrees, about 20 minutes. A good, easy, forgiving dish. The recipie now has a home in my recipie box. Next time, served over toast points and broccoli or asparagas. Or mix in artichoke hearts, serve over rice.
This was good for quick meal when I didn't feel too much like cooking. Hearty and warm, comfort on a plate. No extra pots to wash! Simple and easy to make too! Thanks for the recipe, and I'm posting a pix for ya also.