Leftover ham? For brunch, lunch or a simple supper serve Creamed Ham over poached eggs on toasted English muffins, asparagus on buttered toast, as a filling for crepes - the posibilities are endless!
- Sautee onions in butter over medium heat until onions are transparent.
- Add flour and stir until well combined.
- Remove pan from heat and add milk slowly while stirring.
- Return pan to medium high heat, stirring until sauce thickens, reduce heat to low, stir in cheese until melted.
- Add sherry and ham (add more milk if sauce gets too thick) and simmer until ham is heated through.
- Add garnish, before serving.