- 1 lb fresh green peas
- 1⁄2 cup salt water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water in a medium sauce pan, and add peas, allowing to cook about 5 minutes Drain peas, and saute with butter and sugar until peas are good and tender (about 10 minutes).
- In a small mixing bowl, mix cream together with flour until smooth.
- Add to peas along with salt, pepper, nutmeg, and parsley.
- Allow this all to simmer about 5 minutes before serving.