Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Good little side dish, especially if your kids (or even you) don't normally care for peas, and want a way to eat them.
- 1 lb fresh green peas
- 1⁄2 cup salt water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced parsley
- Boil water in a medium sauce pan, and add peas, allowing to cook about 5 minutes Drain peas, and saute with butter and sugar until peas are good and tender (about 10 minutes).
- In a small mixing bowl, mix cream together with flour until smooth.
- Add to peas along with salt, pepper, nutmeg, and parsley.
- Allow this all to simmer about 5 minutes before serving.
So good ~ reminds me of Grandma. I added tiny pearl onions
This dish was relatively easy to make. I used frozen peas and cooked them according to package directions and then did not saute them as long, approximately 7 minutes. Did not have fresh parsley but did use fresh nutmeg which adds such dimension to this dish. Thanks
Wow this was very good and brought back memories of my granny and her creamed peas. Very simple and very good. Added some finely chopped onions when I melted the butter. Yummy