Recipe by LMillerRN
I have also made this with frozen corn. I also have substituted Tabasco for jalapeno. From Martha Stewart.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 8 ears fresh corn, kernels cut from cobs
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add jalapeno, and cook for 1 minute. Add corn; cook, stirring until kernels are tender but not browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Transfer 1 1/2 c cooked corn to the bowl of a food processor fittel with the metal blade, and add cream and milk. Process until mixture is very smooth, about 3 minutes. Pass mixture through a fine sieve into a medium bowl, pressing down on the solids to sxtract as much liquid as possible.
- Return strained liquid to saute pan, and stir to combine with remaining corn mixture. Cook over medium heat until liquid just comes to a simmer. Remove from heat, and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.