Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I like this because you can make it the day before and reheat it. You can do it in the oven or crock pot. A friend made this for a dinner years ago.
- 10 potatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of asparagus soup
- 2 tablespoons Cheese Whiz
- 8 ounces water
- Peel and slice or dice the potatoes.
- Boil them for about 10 minutes.
- In a casserole or crock pot put the soup and cheese.
- Mix in the potatoes.
- I haven’t made these for a long time as I just found my book, but we’ll make it for Xmas and re-post if I need to.
- Put in crock pot for about 2-1/2 hours on high.
- Or bake at 350°F for 30 to 40 minutes.
Loved that it came out nice and saucy. I cut back the water to 1/2 cup and baked in the oven 40 min. :)
This was quick and yummy! I used fat free mushroom soup and used about 2T of velveeta light - as dh always has that in the fridge. I left the skins on some red potato's, cubed them and microwaved for 5 minutes in the bowl from my crockpot with some cooking spray. Placed the crock in the holder, added the soup, cheese (and s&p) I also needed to add some liquid as they were pretty thick. Perfect! This will be a great side for the holidays and family get togethers- made in larger quantities. Thanks for a great recipe. — Oct 20, 2005
These were good and not too hard to make. They were a cheesy potato but not too greasy like when you use shredded cheese. Made for Fall PAC 2008.