1/2 Photos of Creamed Cucumbers
This is my mother's recipe and it is wonderful. I use fresh cucumbers from the garden, but it also works well with store bought cucumbers. Tastes best if left overnight to marry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and thinly slice the cucumbers, then place in large bowl.
- 2Add salt and toss to cover all cucumber slices.
- 3Let stand for about 1 hour.
- 4Drain off all water in a colander.
- 5In a small bowl, add the yogurt, lemon juice, dill and pepper and stir until well mixed.
- 6Add the olive oil and stir vigorously until blended.
- 7Place the drained cucumber slices in a salad bowl, pour the dressing over the top and toss gently.
- 8Refrigerate for about 1 hour to allow the flavors to marry, then serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamed Cucumbers
Serving Size: 1 (558 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.1
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.9 mg
- Sodium 1782.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 5.3 g