Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my mother's recipe and it is wonderful. I use fresh cucumbers from the garden, but it also works well with store bought cucumbers. Tastes best if left overnight to marry.
- Peel and thinly slice the cucumbers, then place in large bowl.
- Add salt and toss to cover all cucumber slices.
- Let stand for about 1 hour.
- Drain off all water in a colander.
- In a small bowl, add the yogurt, lemon juice, dill and pepper and stir until well mixed.
- Add the olive oil and stir vigorously until blended.
- Place the drained cucumber slices in a salad bowl, pour the dressing over the top and toss gently.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour to allow the flavors to marry, then serve.
This was easy to make. While it sets for an hour you can get the rest of your meal ready. Or make it the day before to let the flavors blend. I seeded the cucumbers, used a sweet Vidalia Onion, dried dill and the plain yogurt in preparing this. I adopted this chef for the *Spring PAC 2008* game