Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This is an old recipe of my MIL's. One of her company's coming dinners that is delicious.
Top Review by Julie Hollie
I must say this was not an easy dish to make, it was time consuming........however, the results were to die for! I am going to make this for Easter, but will substitute scallops for the artichoke hearts since the kids are not fond of them. This is also great over pasta, thanks for sharing
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 lbs fresh lump crabmeat, drained and picked over
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Saute/stir mushrooms, green onions, and onions unti tender; drain.
- Press mushroom mixture, crabmeat, and artichoke hearts between paper towels to remove excess moisture; set aside.
- Add 1/2 cup butter to a saucepan; let butter melt over low heat; add in flour and stir until smooth.
- Gradually add in whipping cream; cook and stir constantly over medium heat until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Add in white wine and remaining ingredients; stir to combine.
- In a greased 13x9 inch baking dish, layer half the crabmeat, artichoke hearts, and mushroom mixture.
- Top with half the cream sauce.
- Repeat layers and top with remaining sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until thoroughly heated.