Recipe by JustJanS
Yummy creamed corn. Recipe is easily doubled or tripled.
Top Review by WicklewoodWench
WOW!!! We have sweetcorn quite often, but I have never tried creamed sweetcorn before,,,what was I missing? As I'm a ceoliac, I used cornflour instead of ordinary flour and creme fraiche instead of cream. The whole family were in agreement,,,(that does'nt happen often) this must be made again.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups corn (defrost if frozen)
- 1 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring over medioum heat for a minute.
- Add the corn and cook stirring another minute or two.
- Add the cream and cook over a medium heat until thickened and almost at a gentle boil.
- Add the sugar, stock powder and pepper and cook over a low heat for 5 mintes more.