Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
I made this for one of my get togethers, and it was gone in no time! Try it, it's really yummy! Goes great with chili and soups...
Top Review by kelsije
This recipe was ok. I expected it to be moist, but it is more crumbly and dry, and it fell apart as I was serving it. Maybe I should have expected that since it is made w/ only cornmeal. My family ate it up though, surprisingly -- probably because I topped it with lots of melted butter! My husband spread honey on it and had seconds & thirds. It was good crumbled into the chili. Just don't expect a moist, fluffy cornbread.
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place a 10" cast iron skillet into the oven.
- In a bowl, combine the cornmeal, salt, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Whisk together to combine well.
- In a lg. bowl, combine the buttermilk, eggs and creamed corn, whisking together to combine thoroughly.
- Add the dry ingredients to the buttermilk mixture, and stir to combine. If the batter will not pour, add more buttermilk to batter.
- Add 2 T. canola oil to the cast iron skillet.
- Pour the batter into the skillet.
- Bake until the cornbread is golden brown, and springs back, about 20 minutes.