Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
I made this for one of my get togethers, and it was gone in no time! Try it, it's really yummy! Goes great with chili and soups...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425.
- 2Place a 10" cast iron skillet into the oven.
- 3In a bowl, combine the cornmeal, salt, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Whisk together to combine well.
- 4In a lg. bowl, combine the buttermilk, eggs and creamed corn, whisking together to combine thoroughly.
- 5Add the dry ingredients to the buttermilk mixture, and stir to combine. If the batter will not pour, add more buttermilk to batter.
- 6Add 2 T. canola oil to the cast iron skillet.
- 7Pour the batter into the skillet.
- 8Bake until the cornbread is golden brown, and springs back, about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamed Corn Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.9
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 72.1 mg
- Sodium 1138.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 7.9 g