Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my grandmother's recipe that she handed down, it is so good!!!! I love corn in anything, and this has been a favorite, it's real comfort food. This is very moist and keeps, and reheats well.
- 1 can whole corn, drained
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 package Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Mix all ingredients in a buttered 8" square baking pan (glass pans work best).
- Stir until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees F, or 15-18 munites in a microwave on full power.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
I made this recipe for Christmas dinner. I didn't have Jiffy mix so I made it completely from scratch using 2/3 cup flour, 1/2 cup cornmeal, 3 Tbsp sugar, 1 Tbsp baking powder, and 1/4 tsp salt. I only had frozen corn so I used two cups cooked and drained and an additional 2 cups blended with Â½ cup milk. Turned out great- Excellent recipe!
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G is all I can say! I made it exactly as the recipe states and it came out beautifully. A new staple in our home!
I've made this many times, a family favorite for sure! I've made a couple adjustments for our tastes~instead of sour cream I use 1 container of vanilla or peach yogurt. And omit the butter. (you won't miss the extra calories!) Thank you for posting!!!! A keeper for certain.