Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I love the cream cheese spread in this recipe. From Better Homes and Gardens.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 cups chopped sweet red peppers or 2 cups green sweet peppers
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 large)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 (8 ounce) containercream cheese spread with chive and onions or 1 (8 ounce) containercream cheese spread with garden vegetables
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Lightly coat a 2-quart casserole with cooking spray; set aside. Place corn in a colander and thaw by running under cool water; drain. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan cook sweet pepper and onion in 1 tablespoon hot butter until tender. Stir in corn and black pepper. In a medium bowl whisk together soup, cream cheese spread, and milk. Stir soup mixture into corn mixture. Transfer to prepared casserole.
- Bake, covered, in a 375 degree F oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until heated through, stirring once.