Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love creamed corn, and I love cheese, so this side dish is an excellent come of the two.
Make and share this Creamed Corn Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half (or 1/2 cup cream and 1/4 cup milk)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine frozen corn, half-and-half, and sugar. Cover and heat in microwave for 4 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave, stir and add cream cheese, flour, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Mix until well blended.
- Stir in Mexican-style corn and eggs. Mix and pour into a greased pie plate.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and top with remaining cheese.
Really like this corn dish, especially with the cheddar & the cream cheese in it! The only slight changes I made in it were to substitute lemon pepper for the regular stuff & to cut back on the amount of salt I used! We thoroughly enjoyed this corn side dish & I'll be making it again, for sure! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]