Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Using fresh corn is always preferable, but you can use corn, just past it's prime for this as well.
- 2 slice bacon
- 6 ear white corn or 6 ear corn
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml flour
- salt and pepper
- Fry bacon and remove from skillet.
- Cut corn from cob and add to the sugar to corn.
- Scrape the cob to get all the"milk".
- Add corn to skillet which contains drippings.
- Mix the flour with approximately 1/2 water to make a thin paste.
- Fill the cup with milk to make 1 cup; add to corn and stir while it thickens, and cooks.
- Cook 10-15 minutes or until corn is tender.
I used sweet corn (silver queen), and this was a little too sweet. The second time I made it, I skipped the sugar and it turned out delicious!
This was delicious! I skipped the bacon drippings, used canned corn instead of fresh, and doubled everything in order to feed my large family. They all loved it and requested I make it again very soon!
I used fresh corn, salt, black pepper, white pepper and ground cayenne pepper. This was delicious and will make any time we have fresh corn.