Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Using fresh corn is always preferable, but you can use corn, just past it's prime for this as well.
Make and share this Creamed Corn recipe from Food.com.
- 2 slice bacon
- 6 ear white corn or 6 ear corn
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml flour
- salt and pepper
- Fry bacon and remove from skillet.
- Cut corn from cob and add to the sugar to corn.
- Scrape the cob to get all the"milk".
- Add corn to skillet which contains drippings.
- Mix the flour with approximately 1/2 water to make a thin paste.
- Fill the cup with milk to make 1 cup; add to corn and stir while it thickens, and cooks.
- Cook 10-15 minutes or until corn is tender.
I used sweet corn (silver queen), and this was a little too sweet. The second time I made it, I skipped the sugar and it turned out delicious!
This was delicious! I skipped the bacon drippings, used canned corn instead of fresh, and doubled everything in order to feed my large family. They all loved it and requested I make it again very soon!
I used fresh corn, salt, black pepper, white pepper and ground cayenne pepper. This was delicious and will make any time we have fresh corn.