Recipe by jan pan
Everybody likes this corn. To partially thaw the corn, put it in a colander and run under lukewarm water about 30 sec or so. The added sugar is a personal preference. We like sweet corn at our house. This makes a lot, but leftovers freeze well. A nonstick skillet is probably best because corn can tend to stick when unattended. Enjoy!
Top Review by neharper7
Delicious!! I only made 1/3 the recipe and adjusted quantities as such. I also used cream because I had some going to waste. WOW!! Thanks. I have been looking for a creamed corn recipe that uses what most people have on hand, frozen corn. The recipes with corn on the cob is great for the 2-3 months of the year that you can get those in the store, but this is perfect year round!
- 3 (16 ounce) packages frozen corn, partially thawed
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (or less) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree 1 pkg partially thawed corn in food processor or blender; process until smooth.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in pureed corn, remaining 2 pkg corn, milk, salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often about 25-30 min or until desired consistency.