Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great as a side dish.
- 453.59 g frozen white corn
- heavy whipping cream
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml butter
- 2.46 ml salt
- 14.79 ml cornstarch, mixed in
- 29.58 ml water
- On medium heat, melt butter in saucepan.
- Add heavy whipping cream, sugar and salt.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add corn and cook additional 5 minutes.
- Add cornstarch and water to thicken. Adjust taste accordingly.
This is delicious. The recipe calls for frozen corn, and I used fresh. If you use fresh, I suggest you reduce the sugar. The fresh corn has enough sugar! Also, I used fresh yellow corn instead of white...couldn't find it today! The recipe doesn't call for an amount of whipping cream, so I just added a little bit. I'd add the liquids once I had the corn added....to see how much I needed after milking the corn. Definitely a do again recipe. Thanks for sharing!