1/4 Photos of Creamed Chipped Beef Sos
This is a recipe is soooooo yummy!!! It is traditionally served over toast (S.O.S. is s**t on a shingle, toast being the shingle) but it can be served over biscuits, baked potatoes, rice or whatever you like. I like to use a cast iron skillet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat large skillet over Medium heat.
- 2Add butter and melt till foamy.
- 3Remove pan from heat and whisk in flour and continue stirring until no lumps are left.
- 4Return to heat and continue stirring about 5 minutes to remove raw flour taste.
- 5Slowly pour milk in while whisking.
- 6About a quart will do depending on how thick you like it.
- 7Continue stirring over heat until desired thickness.
- 8Add dried beef and heat through, Add pepper and serve HOT over Toast.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamed Chipped Beef Sos
Serving Size: 1 (645 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 746.3
- Calories from Fat 389
- Total Fat 43.2 g
- Saturated Fat 26.8 g
- Cholesterol 218.9 mg
- Sodium 3606.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 53.1 g