1/4 Photos of Creamed Chipped Beef Sos
This is a recipe is soooooo yummy!!! It is traditionally served over toast (S.O.S. is s**t on a shingle, toast being the shingle) but it can be served over biscuits, baked potatoes, rice or whatever you like. I like to use a cast iron skillet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat large skillet over Medium heat.
- 2Add butter and melt till foamy.
- 3Remove pan from heat and whisk in flour and continue stirring until no lumps are left.
- 4Return to heat and continue stirring about 5 minutes to remove raw flour taste.
- 5Slowly pour milk in while whisking.
- 6About a quart will do depending on how thick you like it.
- 7Continue stirring over heat until desired thickness.
- 8Add dried beef and heat through, Add pepper and serve HOT over Toast.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamed Chipped Beef Sos
Serving Size: 1 (645 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 746.3
- Calories from Fat 389
- Total Fat 43.2 g
- Saturated Fat 26.8 g
- Cholesterol 218.9 mg
- Sodium 3606.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 53.1 g