1/2 Photos of Creamed Chipped Beef on Toast
polly salama's Note:
This is a breakfast that is most often served in Amish homes according to my mother. But my dad called s.o.s and said he had it in the army.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the beef and onions very fine.
- 2Melt the butter or margarine in a large skillet. First add onions for 1-2 minutes then add beef.
- 3Sprinkle the flour over the mixture and stir well to cook the flour and melted butter,be sure it doesn't stick or burn-stir constantly.
- 4Gradually add the milk, continue stirring until the mixture boils, then turn the fire down and cook slowly.
- 5It should thicken enough to be a good gravy consistency.
- 6Serve over toast.
- 7Some people serve it on the toast with chopped hard boiled eggs.
- 8I am sorry there is no stove temperature.
- 9mentioned but this is written word for word from my mothers cook book.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamed Chipped Beef on Toast
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 423.6
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 110.1 mg
- Sodium 2751.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 36.0 g