This brings back a lot of childhood memories! We always had it over toast, but it can be served over rice, noodles, or any other pasta. Prep & cooking times are just guesses, so may not be very accurate!
- In a saucepan, melt butter or margarine over low heat.
- Thoroughly mix in flour & gradually add milk.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over low heat until thickened.
- Continue to heat for 5 minutes.
- Add worcestershire sauceand sliced dried beef.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Serve immediately over toast, prepared rice, noodles, or even pastry shells.
- We had for breakfast a lot, but is also good for lunch or dinner!