Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from the Chinese Cookery cookbook. This Shanghai Chinese cabbage is delicious. Left overs are easy to reheat. Any kind of green cabbage will work in this recipe.
- Chop cabbage into 1 1/2 inch squares with a cleaver.
- Slice mushrooms with cleaver.
- Combine ingredients for seasoning sauce in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat 5 Tb oil in a wok over high heat 1 minute.
- Stir fry garlic until golden, 30 seconds.
- Add cabbage squares and mushroom slices. Stir fry about 3 minutes until cabbage is crisp tender.
- Add salt. Stir fry 2-3 minutes longer.
- Remove cabbage mixture with a spatula and set aside.
- Heat 1 Tb oil wok over high heat 30 seconds. Add seasoning sauce. Stir fry until creamy.
- Add white pepper.
- Mix well and pour sauce over cabbage. Serve hot.