I got this recipe from the Chinese Cookery cookbook. This Shanghai Chinese cabbage is delicious. Left overs are easy to reheat. Any kind of green cabbage will work in this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs Chinese cabbage
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1Chop cabbage into 1 1/2 inch squares with a cleaver.
- 2Slice mushrooms with cleaver.
- 3Combine ingredients for seasoning sauce in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- 4Heat 5 Tb oil in a wok over high heat 1 minute.
- 5Stir fry garlic until golden, 30 seconds.
- 6Add cabbage squares and mushroom slices. Stir fry about 3 minutes until cabbage is crisp tender.
- 7Add salt. Stir fry 2-3 minutes longer.
- 8Remove cabbage mixture with a spatula and set aside.
- 9Heat 1 Tb oil wok over high heat 30 seconds. Add seasoning sauce. Stir fry until creamy.
- 10Add white pepper.
- 11Mix well and pour sauce over cabbage. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamed Chinese Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.0
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 2.6 mg
- Sodium 702.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 4.2 g