From Dr. Atkins Quick & Easy New Diet Cookbook. Phases 1-4. Per Serving: 5 carbs, .5 fiber, 42 grams protein, 26 grams fat, 447 cal
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken cutlets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons thyme, chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup shallot, minced
- 2/3 cup white wine, dry
- 2/3 cup chicken broth, reduced sodium
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped fresh
- 1Season chicken with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- 2Heat 2 tbsp butter in skillet until foam subsides. Add chicken and cook over med-high heat for about 3 min, until light golden.
- 3Add mushrooms, cook for 2 min, stirring occasionally.
- 4Transfer mixture to plate and keep warm.
- 5Melt remaining 1 tbsp butter in skillet over med heat.
- 6Add shallots and cook 2 minute.
- 7Stir in wine and broth, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan and bring to a boil.
- 8Reduce heat and simmer 5 minute
- 9Add cream and gently simmer 5 minute.
- 10Return chicken/mushroom mixture to skillet, stir in parsley, and heat through. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamed Chicken With Mushrooms - Atkins - 4.5 Net Carbs
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.6
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 186.2 mg
- Sodium 421.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 39.6 g