Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Dr. Atkins Quick & Easy New Diet Cookbook. Phases 1-4. Per Serving: 5 carbs, .5 fiber, 42 grams protein, 26 grams fat, 447 cal
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken cutlets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons thyme, chopped fresh or 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, minced
- 2⁄3 cup white wine, dry
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth, reduced sodium
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped fresh
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Heat 2 tbsp butter in skillet until foam subsides. Add chicken and cook over med-high heat for about 3 min, until light golden.
- Add mushrooms, cook for 2 min, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer mixture to plate and keep warm.
- Melt remaining 1 tbsp butter in skillet over med heat.
- Add shallots and cook 2 minute.
- Stir in wine and broth, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minute
- Add cream and gently simmer 5 minute.
- Return chicken/mushroom mixture to skillet, stir in parsley, and heat through. Serve immediately.