Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Southern Living. This is a comfort food for me and my family. Great over toast, biscuits, or cornbread.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup frozen sweet peas
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices white bread, toasted
- In a saucepan, whisk broth gradually into flour; whisk over medium-high heat until mixture is thickened.
- Remove from heat; whisk in mayonnaise.
- Add in chicken and the next 4 ingredients; cook/stir until thoroughly heated (do not boil).
- Serve over toast (or biscuits/cornbread).
I thought this was really good and similar to what I had growing up. I assumed you left out the butter so I added some with the flour. Served on homemade biscuits.