I had this at my sister's house--I changed a few things to call it mine.
Make and share this Creamed Chicken 'n Veggies With Biscuit Topping recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons margarine
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken or 4 cups cooked turkey
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken and mushroom soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup of thawed peas and carrots or 1 cup your favorite vegetables
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped green pepper (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup your favorite cheese
- 6 frozen biscuits, thawed
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.,spray the bottom and sides of a 11x7 inch baking dish.
- Chop the onion, and melt butter in a small non-stick skillet over medium heat and add onion and green pepper ( if using ).
- Sauté until tender.
- Combine sour cream, onion, chicken, soup, milk, veggies, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Spoon into sprayed dish. and bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with 3/4 cup of cheese.
- Place biscuits in single layer over top.
- Sprinkle biscuits with remaining cheese.
- Bake until biscuits are golden brown and sauce is bubbly, about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Simple to make and pretty good. I put this into two round pie plates so I could give one to my brother. There was still plenty left over after DH and I ate. I used 5 biscuits for each pie plate. I didn't add the salt - canned soup and cheese are both salty enough.
My family really liked this. True comfort food. A little confusion regarding the directions tho. The ingredients say sour cream but no where in the directions say what to do with it. Also directions say to sprinkle "remaining" cheese on biscuits. What do I do with the other part of the cheese. What I did, was just leave out the sour cream and just sprinkled the cheese on top. I also used canned mixed vegetables. Thanks shapeweaver for a comforting dinner.