Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I had this at my sister's house--I changed a few things to call it mine.
Top Review by KeyKeeLee
My family loves this dish. I make it by the recipe, or I change up the vegetables. Change the soup flavor is also a way to make it taste different. But we love the original recipe for a fast meal.
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons margarine
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken or 4 cups cooked turkey
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken and mushroom soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup of thawed peas and carrots or 1 cup your favorite vegetables
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped green pepper (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup your favorite cheese
- 6 frozen biscuits, thawed
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.,spray the bottom and sides of a 11x7 inch baking dish.
- Chop the onion, and melt butter in a small non-stick skillet over medium heat and add onion and green pepper ( if using ).
- Sauté until tender.
- Combine sour cream, onion, chicken, soup, milk, veggies, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Spoon into sprayed dish. and bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with 3/4 cup of cheese.
- Place biscuits in single layer over top.
- Sprinkle biscuits with remaining cheese.
- Bake until biscuits are golden brown and sauce is bubbly, about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.