Recipe by jrthrmn
Nice chicken liver dish. Definitely don't skip the sherry; it is what sets the dish apart from 'blah'.
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces chicken livers
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine or 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon till crisp; remove from skillet and drain, reserving drippings.
- Combine flour and dash pepper; coat livers.
- Brown livers and onion in 2 tablespoons bacon drippings.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Blend soup with 1/4 cup water; stir into livers; heat through.
- To seve, spoon over hot cooked rice; top with cooked, crumbled bacon.
- Try with cream of onion soup too.