25 hrs 45 mins
This is comfort food at it's best! You can make this using cooked turkey instead of chicken, use your favorite mixture of frozen veggies for this, I added in some fresh corn that I sliced off the cob with a mixture of frozen peas and carrots. Prepare the creamed sauce first! You might want to consider doubling this recipe, it is really good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, sinely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 2 large celery ribs, finely diced
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 pinch poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups old cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 -3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen vegetables, thawed
- salt and pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can flakey large refrigerated biscuits
- 1For the creamed sauce; In a large skillet melt butter; add in the onion with thyme, poultry seasoning, garlic and celery, saute for about 3 minutes or until just slightly tender.
- 2Add in the cream of chicken soup and 1/2 cup half and half cream; cook over medium heat, stirring for about 5 minutes.
- 3Add in the 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese and 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, stirring until the cheese has melted.
- 4Add/stir in the cooked chicken with the thawed veggies; cook over low heat stirring for about 25 minutes, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5For the biscuit bowls; set oven to 350 degrees.
- 6Roll out each biscuit into a 5-inch circle.
- 7Place the biscuits into individual 6-ounce custard cups or ramekins; place several inches apart on a baking sheet.
- 8Using fingers, mold the flattened biscuits around the custard cups.
- 9Bake for about 12-15 minutes.
- 10Cool slightly and remove the biscuits from the cups.
- 11Fill each biscuits with the creamed chicken filling.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamed Chicken in Biscuit Bowls
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.6
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 1069.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 22.2 g