Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is comfort food at it's best! You can make this using cooked turkey instead of chicken, use your favorite mixture of frozen veggies for this, I added in some fresh corn that I sliced off the cob with a mixture of frozen peas and carrots. Prepare the creamed sauce first! You might want to consider doubling this recipe, it is really good!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, sinely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 2 large celery ribs, finely diced
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 pinch poultry seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups old cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 -3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen vegetables, thawed
- salt and pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) canflakey large refrigerated biscuits
- For the creamed sauce; In a large skillet melt butter; add in the onion with thyme, poultry seasoning, garlic and celery, saute for about 3 minutes or until just slightly tender.
- Add in the cream of chicken soup and 1/2 cup half and half cream; cook over medium heat, stirring for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese and 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, stirring until the cheese has melted.
- Add/stir in the cooked chicken with the thawed veggies; cook over low heat stirring for about 25 minutes, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- For the biscuit bowls; set oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out each biscuit into a 5-inch circle.
- Place the biscuits into individual 6-ounce custard cups or ramekins; place several inches apart on a baking sheet.
- Using fingers, mold the flattened biscuits around the custard cups.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes.
- Cool slightly and remove the biscuits from the cups.
- Fill each biscuits with the creamed chicken filling.