Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Huge recipe for a huge gathering.
- 2 cups cream
- 8 cups milk
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 30 tablespoons flour
- 30 tablespoons butter
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 6 egg yolks
- 12 cups diced cooked chicken meat (about 20 lb. whole chickens, raw weight)
- 4 (10 ounce) cans mushrooms
- cayenne pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of, large
- Make in double boiler.
- Melt butter, add flour and salt.
- Stir until well blended, then add milk and broth which has been heated to the boiling point.
- Stir vigorously with a whisk to avoid lumps; add chicken and mushrooms.
- Just before serving, whisk eggs yolk until well mixed, whisk into cream.
- Add egg mixture to chicken mixture as you would for a cream pie filling.
- Cook briefly approx 10 min but do not boil. Serves 75.