Prep 28 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is coming from Grandma's Kitchen Recipe Cards. This is a very nice weeknight meal, takes no time to prepare, and a picky kid pleaser too.
- 1⁄2 large onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pimiento
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese, Divided
- 6 frozen biscuits, Thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease the bottom and sides of an 11x7 inch baking dish.
- Chop the onion. Heat butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until melted. Stir in onion, saute until tender.
- Combine onion, chicken, soup, sour cream, milk and pimiento in a medium bowl and mix well. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle baked layer with 3/4 cup of the cheddar. Arrange biscuits in single layer over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar.
- Bake until biscuits are golden brown and the sauce is bubbly, about 20 minutes longer. Serve immediately.
This was really yummy. Loved the cheesey flavor, and that made it a hit with the hubby and kids. Thanks
This is the recipe I use when I make this. My family just LOVES this. Even my picky 11 yr. old son
I used 2 cans cream of chicken soup, since I didn't have sour cream. For the veggies I added mushrooms, pimentos and corn. I added garlic while cooking the chicken and dried parsley for flavor. Turned out great.