Recipe by Chef Amy Gnaster
I belong to a recipe club by mail as well. This is a recipe that I got from the club. Its so easy and the kids love it. I make this when I don't feel like making a three course meal. This is a one dish-meal.
Top Review by laura.anderson
I use 98% fat free cream of chicken soup and light sour cream and it's still really good. I prefer to bake the biscuits separately and spoon the creamed chicken mix over the biscuits before serving.
- 1⁄2 large onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- 4 cups of chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pimiento
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 frozen biscuits, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease the bottom and sides of 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- Chop onion. Heat butter in small non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until melted. Stir in onion. Saute until tender.
- Combine onion, chicken, soup, sour cream, milk and pimento in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into baking dish. Bake for 15 minute Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle baked layer with 3/4 cup of the cheese. Arrange biscuits in a single layer over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake until biscuits are golden brown and the sauce is bubbly, about 20 minutes longer.
- Serve immediately.