Recipe by Carmen B.
I found this on a recipe card while cleaning. Have not made it yet but looks very good so thought I'd post it. I'm thinking that the there might be a little too much sour cream or milk though. Also calls for frozen biscuits (but wouldn't recognize the word biscuits so had to use the phrase dough rolls) but thinking that some kind of Pillsbury roll might work.
Top Review by SpinMommy
I got this recipe from that recipe card Carmen writes of... courtesy of a friend who received them as a promotion in the mail! This recipe is easy and tasty - we've made it several times. I do add more cheese, though - along with more biscuits. As the recipe calls for it, the biscuits just "float" in the sauce. I like to have them packed in - making a "crust" of sorts. I also use REFRIGERATED, not frozen, biscuits. I didn't give this five stars because it's not the BEST thing I've ever eaten, but it is very good!
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- 4 cups cooked chicken, cut up
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup pimiento, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded & divided
- 6 frozen dough rolls, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F; grease the bottom and sides of an 11x7-inch baking pan.
- Heat butter in skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and saute until tender.
- Combine onion, chicken, soup, sour cream, milk and pimento; mix well and pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with 3/4 cup of cheese. Arrange biscuits in a single layer over top of casserole. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in oven until biscuits are golden brown and sauce is bubbly; approximately 20 minutes longer.