Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
My husband and I love this served over Bergy's Buttery Farm Biscuits. Yum Yum!!
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium idaho potatoes, peeled, and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 3⁄4 cups canned chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- salt and pepper
- hot cooked biscuit
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onions, carrots, potatoes, herbs, and garlic.
- Saute for 5-10 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add chicken broth; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Mix together cream of chicken soup and cream; add to vegetables.
- Add chicken; cook until heated thoroughly, adding more broth if needed to thin.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over hot biscuits.
Nice, simple dinner option! I added some frozen chopped broccoli and left out the garlic. Served it over Recipe #226812. Thanks for sharing!
Pretty good but next time I will leave out the Rosemary. Just don't care for the taste of it. Easy and fast--good over biscuits.
This was so wonderful. Very creamy and so easy to make. We served this over corn waffles, but next time I think I'll serve this over biscuits. Thanks so much for posting!