I got this recipe from some cards I received in the mail. The ingredients listed as optional are ones I don't actually use based on my preferences, but they are used in the original recipe. I hope you like it!
- 1⁄2 large onion (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter (optional)
- 4 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pimiento (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 large biscuits (frozen, thaw before adding, canned, or homemade)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease the bottom and sides of an 11x7 baking dish.
- If using, chop the onion, melt butter in skillet, add onion and sauté until tender.
- Combine onion, chicken, soup, sour cream, milk, and pimiento in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into prepare baking dish and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from over and sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, arrange biscuits in a single layer, then sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes more or until biscuits are golden brown and sauce in bubbly.