1 hr 15 mins
I was reorganizing my recipe's when I came across this recipe that I'd gotten as a freebee in the mail some years ago and never tried. I modified the recipe to suit my tastes, and was pleasantly surprised. If you are in a time crunch, this dish can take two modifications that will greatly reduce preparation time. 1) you can use canned or precooked/chopped chicken and 2) you can use frozen or out of a can biscuits (just make sure they are thawed first)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 biscuits, uncooked
- 1For biscuits:.
- 2Combine dry ingredients in mixer bowl at low speed.
- 3In mixer, slowly add shortening until mixture is crumbly.
- 4Slowly add milk until dough forms. Replace mixer paddle with dough hook and knead dough until dough is elastic (if dough hook is unavailable knead by hand).
- 5Sprinkle flour on hard surface. Place dough on surface, sprinkle dough with flour. With rolling pin, roll dough to about 1/2" thickness.
- 6Using biscuit cutter or the top of a drinking glass, cut out as many biscuits as possible.
- 7Knead remaining dough until ball is reformed, roll out again to 1/2" thickness and cut as many biscuits as possible.
- 8You should have about 6 biscuits.
- 9Main Dish:.
- 10Prehead oven to 350. Grease sides and bottom of an 11 x 7 inch baking dish.
- 11Chop onion. Heat butter in small skillet over medium high heat until melted. Add onion and saute until translucent and tender.
- 12Combine onion, chicken, soup, sour cream, and milk in a medium bowl. Spoon mixture into baking dish.
- 13Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven.
- 14Sprinkle baked layer with 3/4 cup of cheese. Arrange biscuits in a single layer over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar.
- 15Bake until biscuits are golden brown and sauce is bubbly, about 20 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamed Chicken and Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (446 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1176.4
- Calories from Fat 661
- Total Fat 73.5 g
- Saturated Fat 26.1 g
- Cholesterol 73.0 mg
- Sodium 2230.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 26.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: