Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is really good comfort food. You could easily add more vegetables if you'd like, such as carrots, celery, or peas.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 10 3⁄4 ounces reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pimiento
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 frozen biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease an 11x7 baking dish.
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute onion in small amount of butter until tender.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the onion, chicken, soup, sour cream, milk, and pimiento.
- Spoon into baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheese.
- Arrange biscuits in a single layer over top.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake until biscuits are golden brown and sauce is bubbly, about 20 minutes.
Easy and delicious comfort food! I don't care for onions so left them out, and used chopped red pepper for the pimiento. I took your advice about the veggies and added a cup of frozen peas and carrots to the chicken mixture, so I had to add an extra 10 minutes to the cook time before I added the biscuits. We loved this dish and I will make it again - thanks for posting! Made for Fall PAC 2008