Recipe by Cat Berner
This is really good comfort food. You could easily add more vegetables if you'd like, such as carrots, celery, or peas.
Top Review by loof
Easy and delicious comfort food! I don't care for onions so left them out, and used chopped red pepper for the pimiento. I took your advice about the veggies and added a cup of frozen peas and carrots to the chicken mixture, so I had to add an extra 10 minutes to the cook time before I added the biscuits. We loved this dish and I will make it again - thanks for posting! Made for Fall PAC 2008
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 10 3⁄4 ounces reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pimiento
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 frozen biscuits
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease an 11x7 baking dish.
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute onion in small amount of butter until tender.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the onion, chicken, soup, sour cream, milk, and pimiento.
- Spoon into baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheese.
- Arrange biscuits in a single layer over top.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake until biscuits are golden brown and sauce is bubbly, about 20 minutes.