Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cooking Light. Jan 2003.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole milk, divided
- 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 10 ounces cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- fresh sage sprig (optional)
- Lightly spoon the flour into a dry measuring cup, and level with a knife. Combine flour and 1/2 cup milk in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring with a whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in 1 3/4 cups milk. Cook for 4 minutes or until mixture is thick, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Add peas, sage, butter, and chicken, stirring to combine. Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat; stir in juice and pepper. Garnish with sage sprigs, if desired.