Recipe by KaraRN
A variation to beef stroganoff. Recipe from Quick Cooking Jan/Feb 2003. Recipe was submitted from Debra Baker.
Top Review by Annacia
This makes a very nice weeknight dinner. It's very easy and tasty. I used low fat cream of chicken soup and fat free sour cream. I put it over basmati rice instead of the English muffin. It was extremely mild without the cayenne and I think that it would benefit from the 1/8 tsp that's optional in the recipe. Made for Photo Tag.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional or
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken in oil until no longer pink.
- Stir in the soup, water, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stin in sour cream.
- Serve over toasted English muffins.
- Can also serve over cooked noodles.
- Sprinkle with cayenne pepper OR paprika.