Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A variation to beef stroganoff. Recipe from Quick Cooking Jan/Feb 2003. Recipe was submitted from Debra Baker.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional or
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken in oil until no longer pink.
- Stir in the soup, water, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stin in sour cream.
- Serve over toasted English muffins.
- Can also serve over cooked noodles.
- Sprinkle with cayenne pepper OR paprika.
This makes a very nice weeknight dinner. It's very easy and tasty. I used low fat cream of chicken soup and fat free sour cream. I put it over basmati rice instead of the English muffin. It was extremely mild without the cayenne and I think that it would benefit from the 1/8 tsp that's optional in the recipe. Made for Photo Tag.
I made this for dinner on 2/6/08. And both my SO and I gave this recipe a "Good Solid Four Stars". I served this over My Mashed Taters,and boy was it good :)Thanks for posting a recipe that will be made again."Keep Smiling :)"
I added cajun seasoning to my chicken and served it over egg noodles instead of english muffins. I thought it was delicious! Always looking for new ways to cook chicken so thanks for sharing!