Recipe by anonymous
In memory of my mother-in-law. This is my husbands favorite childhood dish. I made it today and it was very good. I thought it would be too bland and like every other recipe that had chicken broth & cream of chicken soup, but what a surprise. So good!
- 4 -6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick, preferrably unsalted)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 celery ribs (cut in maybe 3 pieces)
- 1 small onion (cut in large pieces)
- 2 carrots (cut in maybe 3 pieces)
- 14 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth (1 can)
- 10 ounces cream of chicken soup (1 can)
- 16 1⁄3 ounces of grands flakey biscuits (tube of 8 biscuits)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, add about 1 inch of water.
- Add chicken, onion, celery and carrots and bring to a low boil.
- Continue simmering for about 35-40 minutes.
- 3/4 way through put bisquits in oven and cook as directed.
- Drain, discard celery, onion & carrots.
- Dice chicken and set aside.
- In skillet, melt butter and add flour, stirring consistently.
- When mixed well, slowly add broth and continue mixing and boiling for about 30 secs.
- Add cream of chicken to thicken and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chicken and simmer for about 10 mins, stirring constantly.
- On plate cut a bisquit in half and add a pad of butter on top of each half.
- Pour a couple of scoops of chicken mixture on top and serve.
- Optional: Sprinkle with paprika-add nice color! or serve over rice.