Recipe by Sharon123
Mmm, braised celery in a cream cheese and blue cheese sauce. A small amount of cheese gives this big flavor! From Perfect Food magazine. Blue cheese is made in England.
Top Review by Evie*
This is definitely outstanding, DH looked at me when he realised it was celery and gave me a raised eyebrow..I said trust me!! Sure enough he loved it, loved it so much when he put his finished plate on the counter he said, 'you won't need to wash this Ive licked it clean..lol Great recipe Sharon thanks for sharing.
- 1⁄2 cup fat free chicken broth
- 3 cups julienne cut celery
- 2 tablespoons tub-style light cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese
- 2 teaspoons slivered almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add celery; sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add cream cheese stirring until cheese melts.
- Add milk and blue cheese, stirring until well blended.
- Sprinkle with slivered almonds.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4.