Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was my first time making homemade Potato Soup, and the following recipe that I came up with was inspired by some of the ingredients in "Potato and Garlic Soup with Herbs" Potato and Garlic Soup With Herbs posted by meow!. It is very filling and healthy as well. My 9month old loved it blended and my two-year old liked it too.
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 green onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 258 g cauliflower (3 servings)
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Fat Free (optional)
- Place potatoes, onion, and garlic in pot with just enough water to cover them.
- Cook until water is mostly gone and potatoes are tender (may need to add water).
- Blend remaining ingredients in a food processor until cauliflower is pureed.
- Combine all ingredients and cook until desired consistency is reached.
- For young children, you can blend this soup with oatmeal to thicken it and still have a great-tasting dish.