Top Review by Laura Madere
I cooked this tonight I made 2 servings using baby carrots sliced. I first steamed them then I made the sauce with what I had on hand whipping cream and skim milk. I used 1/2 cup of skim and 1/4 cup of whipping cream. I made this for my fiance and he ate it while I was still cooking pizza. He LOVED it! Thank you I'll make again for sure. Great way to use up carrots. :)
- 1 lb carrot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice carrots.
- Cook, covered, in a small amount of water over medium heat until tender. Drain.
- In a medium size skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Sauté onions in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper and sugar; cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and starts to boil.
- Pour over cooked carrots and stir to coat.