Prep 3 mins
Cook 3 mins
- 1 lb carrot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- Peel and slice carrots.
- Cook, covered, in a small amount of water over medium heat until tender. Drain.
- In a medium size skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Sauté onions in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper and sugar; cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and starts to boil.
- Pour over cooked carrots and stir to coat.
Looking for something different to do with carrots.....I only had canned carrots and used real butter. They were delish.... Will be adding this to my recipe book
I cooked this tonight I made 2 servings using baby carrots sliced. I first steamed them then I made the sauce with what I had on hand whipping cream and skim milk. I used 1/2 cup of skim and 1/4 cup of whipping cream. I made this for my fiance and he ate it while I was still cooking pizza. He LOVED it! Thank you I'll make again for sure. Great way to use up carrots. :)
Not so good