Prep 3 mins
Cook 3 mins
- Peel and slice carrots.
- Cook, covered, in a small amount of water over medium heat until tender. Drain.
- In a medium size skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Sauté onions in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper and sugar; cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and starts to boil.
- Pour over cooked carrots and stir to coat.
I cooked this tonight I made 2 servings using baby carrots sliced. I first steamed them then I made the sauce with what I had on hand whipping cream and skim milk. I used 1/2 cup of skim and 1/4 cup of whipping cream. I made this for my fiance and he ate it while I was still cooking pizza. He LOVED it! Thank you I'll make again for sure. Great way to use up carrots. :)
Not so good
I love these carrots. I've eaten them this way since I was a kid. The only thing we added was fresh Italian parsley just before the roux was almost done cooking so it would absorb a little of the flavor but still be fresh. Just happened on this and it been here a while.