Recipe by diner524
A recipe found online for Swedish recipes for ZWT6. Simple side dish to serve with Swedish Meatballs. Cooking times and servings weren't listed so I just took a guess at those.
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
Decadent and oh so delicious! We loved this recipe. It was so easy to make (made on St. Patty's Day) and was so creamy that the sauce also covered some of the fish we were having as a main entree. We were grateful as this improved a rather lackluster main dish. The only change we made was to finely dice the red onion versus grating it. I loved it and would have it again. Thanks, Diner! Made for Rookie Tag Spring 2013.
- 4 cups cabbage
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- white pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop cabbage into rough dice. Shred onion.
- In a saucepan or large skillet, combine cabbage, onion, garlic and cream. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, allow to simmer until tender.
- Correct seasoning with salt, pepper, sugar and lemon juice to taste.
- Serve with Meatballs and a spoonful of lingonberry jam.