1/5 Photos of Creamed Cabbage Soup
A nice winter soup and good with corn bread. This is another way to use small pieces of leftover ham. I do think some meltable cheese would be good in this as some reviewers have suggested. Also, thank you Chef#226863 for suggesting that I include a measurable amount of cabbage. I have also added the ham right away into vegetable /broth too if in hurry. Grated carrots also works well in this, and sometimes grate it right over the pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a Dutch oven, combine broth and vegetables.
- 2Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- 3In a saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour.
- 4Gradually add milk; cook and stir for a few minutes. It will not thicken.
- 5Stir into vegetable mixture.
- 6Add ham, pepper, and thyme; heat through.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamed Cabbage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.7
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 79.7 mg
- Sodium 435.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 19.0 g