1 hr 30 mins
This is a very attractive fall/winter dish to serve for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. It makes a lovely presentation, and tastes good, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Halve acorn or buttercup squash.
- 2Place cut-side down in a baking dish.
- 3Add water to 3/4 inch.
- 4Bake@ 350 45 minutes or until it can be easily pierced with a fork.
- 5Place brussels sprouts in a saucepan.
- 6Cover with water.
- 7Bring to a boil and simmer for 7 minutes; drain.
- 8(You may cut sprouts in half length-wise after cooking if desired.)
- 9To Make Cream sauce (Bechamel):
- 10Melt butter or margarine in a saucepan.
- 11Stir in flour until creamy.
- 12Add milk; cook over medium heat until bubbly, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- 13To assemble: Place acorn squash halves cut-side up in baking dish.
- 14Fill center with brussels sprouts.
- 15Spoon Bechamel sauce over sprouts.
- 16Sprinkle with a dash of nutmeg.
- 17Bake@ 350F for 30 minutes, or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamed Brussels Sprouts in Acorn Squash
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.9
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 8.8 mg
- Sodium 91.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 8.2 g