Recipe by Anonymity
I can't remember where I originally got this recipe. I am a big fan of bratwursts and this gives me another way to serve them up. It is a great comfort food recipe for me.
Top Review by nanapapa
This is a "heady", strong German tasting dish. It reminds me of a Sauerbraten that I had once. I did change the recipe slightly but kept to the main idea and the dish came out exactly as expected. Multiple flavors with each bite. The beer flavor in near non-existent but the mustard makes it. I would like to try it with a cubed, cooked pork roast in place of the brats.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb fully cooked bratwurst, sliced into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 cup beer
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups hot cooked noodles
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion and mustard in margarine till tender.
- Stir in bratwurst, beer, mushrooms, beef broth, sugar and 1/4 teaspoons pepper.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir flour into sour cream.
- Stir some pan juices into sour cream mixture to thin.
- Stir into bratwurst mixture.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 1 minute more.
- Serve over noodles.
- Sprinkle with parsley.