Recipe by chefRD
This is how my mom made this for us kids growing up. It doesn't have a lot of ingredients and is simple to make. I always, always serve this with Young Early Peas. This is definitely not a dietetic dish either, since it takes a whole stick of butter.
Top Review by Karalynne7
You are a lifesaver!!! I made this tonight and both my husband and I liked it very much. It was very simple and quick. I had leftover pork roast and used it and it was great!!!!
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 loaf bread, for making toast (your favorite brand)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in a medium sized skillet. Drain off fat.
- In a medium sized sauce pan or pot melt the stick of butter. Add the flour and cook over medium/medium-low heat to make a thick paste or rue. Keep stirring till it is a smooth consistency. Takes just a few minutes or so.
- Add the milk and stir till thickens to the consistency of cooked pudding. When this mixture cools down it thickens even more, so don't overcook or it will be too thick!
- Add in the ground beef and stir till incorporated well.
- Toast your bread. Serve with ground beef mixture on top of the toast. Salt and pepper to taste.