Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is how my mom made this for us kids growing up. It doesn't have a lot of ingredients and is simple to make. I always, always serve this with Young Early Peas. This is definitely not a dietetic dish either, since it takes a whole stick of butter.
- Brown ground beef in a medium sized skillet. Drain off fat.
- In a medium sized sauce pan or pot melt the stick of butter. Add the flour and cook over medium/medium-low heat to make a thick paste or rue. Keep stirring till it is a smooth consistency. Takes just a few minutes or so.
- Add the milk and stir till thickens to the consistency of cooked pudding. When this mixture cools down it thickens even more, so don't overcook or it will be too thick!
- Add in the ground beef and stir till incorporated well.
- Toast your bread. Serve with ground beef mixture on top of the toast. Salt and pepper to taste.