Recipe by Nana Lee
This is a very low carb side dish or appetizer. And it is very fast to make and bake. You can always add a bit of your fave cheese, grated finely, over mushroom before pouring on the cream. Found on lowcarbfriends.com posted by - ColoradoSweethart64 --- SEE NOTE IN DIRECTIONS FOR CHEESE ADDITION.
- 16 -20 large mushroom caps
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped chives
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- NOTE: can finely grate a bit of your fave cheese over mushrooms before pouring on cream.
- In a bowl, combine butter, parsley, chives, onions, nutmeg, and salt. Mix well.
- Wipe mushroom caps with a slightly moistened paper towel.
- Stuff caps with seasoned butter and set in a shallow baking dish.
- Pour heavy cream over mushrooms and sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- CAN BE PREPARED AHEAD OF TIME:.
- Stuff mushrooms the day before serving, cover and refrigerate.
- Pour cream over mushrooms immediately before baking.
- Bake 10 mins, and check to see if done. Add 5 mins if needed.